[comp.os.minix] 1.6.16

kitbash@mtu.edu (Joe) (06/25/91)

Hi,

I'm having a problem compiling MM for 1.6.16.  asld returns the following
undefined references: _sigempt, _sigdels, _sigadds, and _sigisme.  Now, they're
defined in signal.h, but I can't find any reference to them in the library
source anywhere.

I also checked my 1.5.10 includes and library, and they're defined, but not
in the library.

Probably when I upgraded from 1.3 to 1.5.10 I missed something, but I can't
figure out where, since everything CRC's correctly.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

ja.
--
Joe Ammond                    System Programmer, CTS, Michigan Tech. University
kitbash@mtu.edu                                       kitbash@mtus5.cts.mtu.edu

sfreed@ariel.unm.edu (Steven Freed CIRT) (06/25/91)

In article <1991Jun25.132251.18765@mtu.edu>, kitbash@mtu.edu (Joe) writes:
> undefined references: _sigempt, _sigdels, _sigadds, and _sigisme.  Now, they're
> defined in signal.h, but I can't find any reference to them in the library
> source anywhere.

If memory serves me correctly, (I am not anywhere near my minix box today)
The libs you are looking for were include after the initial beta release.
I beleive they are on plains.nodak.edu in the upgrade directory (just follow
the path when you get there ;-) I can't remember the file name you want,
but it should be obvious when you get there. (it's not one of the Patchxx
files).
--

Steve.                    sfreed@ariel.unm.edu

cad dir user <cad@csun5.uta.edu> (06/26/91)

I just wonder ? Is the version 1.6 MINIX - is HERE.. or under alpha/beta.
If there is, please tell me where I can get them ??
thanks - botaque

evans@syd.dit.CSIRO.AU (Bruce.Evans) (06/30/91)

In article <1991Jun25.132251.18765@mtu.edu> kitbash@mtu.edu (Joe) writes:
>Hi,
>
>I'm having a problem compiling MM for 1.6.16.  asld returns the following
>undefined references: _sigempt, _sigdels, _sigadds, and _sigisme.  Now, they're
>defined in signal.h, but I can't find any reference to them in the library
>source anywhere.

These are in lib/posix/sigset.c. I have not seen this in the official source
either. The official library source has enough gaps to make it a waste of
time to try to build 1.6.16 from scratch.
--
Bruce Evans		evans@syd.dit.csiro.au