[comp.os.minix] ESDI wini.c ?

sac@matt.ksu.ksu.edu (Stuart Alan Craig) (06/26/91)

I am trying to get MINIX up on line for several campus AT's and
ran into ESDI drives.  Does anyone out there in MINIX-LAND have
a driver?  If not, how about reference material on the controller
interface (if I get one written, I will repost).

Thanks in advance.
Stuart Craig (c/o Kent Funk)
	sac@matt.ksu.ksu.edu

| Stuart A. Craig                      | "To iterate is human, to recurse |
|    Internet: sac@matt.ksu.ksu.edu    |  divine."   -Dennis M. Ritchie   |

asg@sage.cc.purdue.edu (The Grand Master) (06/26/91)

In article <1991Jun25.225227.10124@maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> sac@matt.ksu.ksu.edu (Stuart Alan Craig) writes:
}I am trying to get MINIX up on line for several campus AT's and
}ran into ESDI drives.  Does anyone out there in MINIX-LAND have
}a driver?  If not, how about reference material on the controller
}interface (if I get one written, I will repost).
}
}Thanks in advance.
}Stuart Craig (c/o Kent Funk)
}	sac@matt.ksu.ksu.edu
}
}--
}---------------------------------------------------------------------------
}| Stuart A. Craig                      | "To iterate is human, to recurse |
}|    Internet: sac@matt.ksu.ksu.edu    |  divine."   -Dennis M. Ritchie   |
}---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get the upgrade package for 1.6.16 from star.cs.vu.nl . It contains an esdi
driver. Unfortunately, there are some procedures (out_word and in_word I
believe) that it uses that are not in 1.5.10 . What you need to do is to
look through the klib88.x cdiffs and find there defininitions and plug
them into your klib.x (you will need to change the !'s to |'s where used
as comment characters).
Hope this helps
			Bruce

boot@donald.osf.org (Bruce Bauman) (06/26/91)

I believe the ESDI driver in 1.6 is for PS/2s. I think a comment in
the source says it won't work on ATs, which is what the poster asked
about.

-- Bruce
--
Bruce Bauman	email: boot@osf.org		phone: 617-621-7205

evans@syd.dit.CSIRO.AU (Bruce.Evans) (06/30/91)

In article <13985@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> asg@sage.cc.purdue.edu (The Grand Master) writes:
>In article <1991Jun25.225227.10124@maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> sac@matt.ksu.ksu.edu (Stuart Alan Craig) writes:
>}I am trying to get MINIX up on line for several campus AT's and
>}ran into ESDI drives.  Does anyone out there in MINIX-LAND have
>}a driver?  If not, how about reference material on the controller
>}interface (if I get one written, I will repost).

at_wini.c should work (perhaps slowly) for ISA AT's.

>Get the upgrade package for 1.6.16 from star.cs.vu.nl . It contains an esdi
>driver. Unfortunately, there are some procedures (out_word and in_word I
>believe) that it uses that are not in 1.5.10 . What you need to do is to

This probably won't work. It is for a particular PS/2 model.
--
Bruce Evans		evans@syd.dit.csiro.au