[ca.unix] Date to switch from standard time to daylight savings time

olaf@ntc.UUCP (olaf kaestner) (05/11/89)

We have several different versions of UNIX running here but all have a
common flaw: there is no way we know to teach them that Congress changed the
dates of the switch from standard time to daylight savings time and back.

Our local guru's do not know where to patch - we do not have sources
to all UNIX variants - System III/V (Altos 68000, Pyramid OSx, Nixdorf TOS).

Who could tell us what can be done to inject the correct dates into the
body of the kernel (or whereever)?

Thanks for your help.

Olaf Kaestner
Nixdorf Technology Center
uucp: pyramid!nixntc!olaf
BELL: (408) 748-0420

steve@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Steve DeJarnett) (05/13/89)

In article <345@ntc.UUCP> olaf@ntc.UUCP (olaf kaestner) writes:
>We have several different versions of UNIX running here but all have a
>common flaw: there is no way we know to teach them that Congress changed the
>dates of the switch from standard time to daylight savings time and back.
>
>Our local guru's do not know where to patch - we do not have sources
>to all UNIX variants - System III/V (Altos 68000, Pyramid OSx, Nixdorf TOS).

	I know that our Pyramid (OSx 4.4) switches time correctly.  I would
suspect that Nixdorf's would also, provided they had the latest version of OSx
(or whatever Nixdorf calls it -- TOS I would guess from your posting) running
on them (since they're just repackaged Pyramids -- at least some of them are
-- I'm not familiar with Nixdorf's whole product line).

>Olaf Kaestner

| Steve DeJarnett            | Smart Mailers -> steve@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU     |
| Computer Systems Lab       | Dumb Mailers  -> ..!ucbvax!voder!polyslo!steve |
| San Luis Obispo, CA  93407 | BITNET = Because Idiots Type NETwork           |