[rec.birds] Susan Scheide, what's wrong with you? Eh?

sciurid@utzoo.uucp (skippy) (12/16/87)

In article <31@cfiprod.UUCP>, susans@cfiprod.UUCP (Susan Scheide -CFI-) writes:

>	I honestly believe I have discovered
>	some new phobia running rampant in Toronto.  These alleged zoologists
>	all seem to hate pet birds.

Gee.  This isn't true.  The issue has never been about pet birds at all.
Simply about where articles on them should be posted.

No poster from utzoo-rec.jerks has said anything against pet birds.
Nor against domestic ones.  Nor against parrots.  Personally I like
parrots, even those in cages.

>	Why?  Is it because they are against parrots or against keeping birds
>	as pets?

If you want to have a pet parrot (or pet hamster or pet python) that
is your choice.  I don't mind.   There is even a newsgroup specifically
set up to talk about these caged animals.  It is called rec.pets.

>Did they all have terrible childhoods without pets of
>	their own to love?

Personally, I like pet mice, especially "spiny" mice.
I can assure you that when I was a child, I loved my pets.
They had nice lives.  It was a happy time (and that, fortunately,
has not changed).

>	I would be sincerely interested in hearing what exactly it is you
>	seem to have against pet birds -- speaking "Skippy" only for yourself.

Absolutely nothing.  And more power to those who want to post about
their pet birds in the pet-group, rec.pets.

>	Perhaps there are some people up there who don't fit my generalization -
>	you can say "generalization" can't you?  Sure, you did already!

I suspect few people, if any, fit your "generalization."   Your articles
are fun to read, though.
__
Name:   Skippy
Mail:   Dept. Zoology, Univ. Toronto
        Toronto, Ontario, Canada    M5S 1A1
UUCP:   {allegra,ihnp4,linus,decvax}!utzoo!sciurid