[net.unix-wizards] VMS vs. Unix benchmarks

lee@UTEXAS-11@sri-unix (11/16/82)

From: Bill Lee <lee@UTEXAS-11>
Date: 10 Nov 1982 at 1618-CST
Does anyone have any real benchmarks comparing Vax Unix compilers
against VMS compilers? I'm particularly interested in Fortran
benchmarks as well as Pascal. C benchmarks would also be interesting
if available. Any information along these lines would be appreciated
along with some information about the benchmarks themselves like
what processor they were run on, what you think they are measuring,
optimization levels (if any), which version of the operating system
and which version of the processor, etc. Enough information to get
a good idea of the benchmark environment. I'll post a summary of
any interesting benchmarks that I receive.

-------