[rec.birds] Warbler song

jim@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Jim Tear) (06/03/88)

My turn:  What warbler comes through late after the trees are in full
leaf and sings loudly from the tops of the trees where you can't see
them (something like sweet, sweet, sweet, sue, sue, sue, do-oo) in
residential areas.  The little bugger is here in Ft. Collins, but
I think we had the same little guys in Madison, Wisconsin.

	Jim Tear  --  Hewlett-Packard  --  Ft. Collins, CO

mjm@oliven.olivetti.com (Michael Mammoser) (06/10/88)

In article <593@picuxa.UUCP>, gp@picuxa.UUCP (Greg Pasquariello X1190) writes:

 > Yeah, I take that back.  Yellow warblers will sing from high in the trees.
 > (He hangs his head in shame as other birders cast sideways glances at the
 > one who made the mistake :-)).

	A couple of weeks ago I told one of the board directors of the local
Audubon chapter that ash throated flycatchers nest on the ground. Imagine my
surprise when, a couple days later, I found a pair nesting in a cavity about
30 ft. up in a sycamore. :-)

looking and listing,
Mike