[rec.birds] sparrow busting

rissa@chinet.chi.il.us (Patricia O Tuama) (07/29/88)

In article <11099@oberon.USC.EDU> combest@eve.usc.edu () writes:
>I take this opportunity to express complete disagreement with
>Amitavavi Majumdar about tearing down sparrow nests. I feel it can be
>a pleasurable (if not exhilarating) experience. In fact my analyst
>practically urges me to get a session of sparrow busting in at least
>once a week. I used to be a commonplace beautician trying to lead a humdrum
>life garbing the effects  of a traumatic childhood. And then i found
>sparrow busting or sparrow busting found me.

I confess.  I am the person who Jim mentions as having "flamed" him
(by the way, Jim dear, I don't really see how you can call anything
I've written to you so far a real honest to god "flame" but then
we've already established that you have some problems distinguishing
between mindless little questions and true value judgments).

But you know, now that I've read this extraordinary message from our
friend Donnalyn here, I am starting to understand what this is all
about.  Gnashing of the teeth.  Wailing at the moon.  Blood and gore
and guts and little sparrow brains splashed against the garage door.
Hey, I get it now.

>IT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE.

>What's more! I get to meet so many new people. In fact
>we have been contemplating opening a Los Angeles chapter of SBC
>(Sparrow Buster's Club). I have been working on a paper that relates
>the experience-amalgamate of sparrow busting to emanation of eddies
>of energy from one's chakric coils.

I don't live in Los Angeles but I would most definitely like to
join your little club.  I think this would be quite exciting.
And I strongly suggest that you post a message to alt.california
about upcoming meetings for I am sure you will be able to pick
up many additional members there.

>Serious sparrow busters will be happy to know that UC Berkeley is
>offering sparrow busting as a minor now. We stand now at a juncture
>on the shore of time from where the horizon (of sparrow busting)
>seems transfixed ('twixt the sea of time and space); no longer beyond
>human grasp  but ever approaching as the neo-relegion, neo-sport, warming
>our lives ever so much.

As I pointed out to Jim (who is himself no more native to America
than sparrows are) his species is considerably more dangerous to
bluebirds than any sparrow ever in it's wildest imaginings ever
hoped to me.  What a thrill, huh.  And after we've finished off
all the sparrows, let's move on to the pigeons, another bird that
Jim assures me we have the right to annihilate as well.

>Nevertheless, I love other birds. Bluebirds for instance.

I know what you mean.

Classic Trish