[net.unix-wizards] Reply to: c compiler question

lee@UTEXAS-11@sri-unix (11/20/82)

From: Bill Lee <lee@UTEXAS-11>
Date: 17 Nov 1982 at 0916-CST
Oops. The paper I meant to cite was "A Detailed Tour Through the /6
Portable C Compiler" also by Sam Leffler. It should also be on a
Usenix distribution tape.
-------

lee@UTEXAS-11@sri-unix (11/20/82)

From: Bill Lee <lee@UTEXAS-11>
Date: 17 Nov 1982 at 0909-CST
If you're interested in learning more about the portable C compiler,
I would suggest 2 papers. One is "A Tour Through the Portable C Compiler"
by Steve Johnson. The other paper may be more difficult to come by but
is an excellent reference into the workings of pcc and some of the
things involved in moving it to another machine. That paper is "An
Implementation of the C Programming Language for the Harris /6
Minicomputer" by Sam Leffler. The text of Sams paper was distributed on
one of the Usenix distribution tapes.
-------