[rec.birds] INDOOR: Another question regarding budgies

stewartw@warpdrive.UUCP (Stewart Winter) (11/07/89)

In article <56200002@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu> richman@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>moulting for this reason.  However, a bird in moult needs to
>have good hygene and lots of food, vegetables, fruits and
>calcium (or a subset, depending on the bird).

   Ummm.  Can you explain further.  The material covering the
new feathers (and the feathers themselves) is primarily made
up of protein.  I can understand the increased calcium requirements,
but wouldn't a diet high in fruit and vegetables actually decrease
the protein intake.

  Stewart

--
Stewart Winter                Cognos Incorporated   S-mail: P.O. Box 9707
VOICE: (613) 738-1338 x3830   FAX: (613) 738-0002           3755 Riverside Drive