[rec.birds] Another story

grp@unify.uucp (Greg Pasquariello) (12/08/89)

In article <17726@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> dragon@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Sam Conway) writes:

>And my favorite, a "baby great horned owl that was orphaned and injured,
>although it was 45 minutes before it was finally cornered and caught with
>a net".  This was really an adult saw-whet owl with no injury whatsoever.
>How they had thought a feisty, flying bird was injured is beyond me.

Reminds me of yet another story!  A friend swears he saw his first saw-whet
owl at a party in Manhattan NY!  It seems one of the guests found the bird
sitting in a hedge in (or near) Central Park, stuck the bird in his pocket (!)
and brought it to the party.  Alas, it could not be a lifer, because it was
not "wild and unrestrained".

> If anyone has any more of these, feel free to e-mail them to me.  Stories
> such as these are fun to collect!

Sam, if you collect any good ones, please post them!
>--
>Sam Conway

-Greg

Greg Pasquariello	(916) 920-9092		grp@unify.UUCP
Unify Corporation				...!{csusac, pyramid}!unify!grp