[rec.birds] My own

kevin@lindy.Stanford.EDU (Kevin J. Burnett) (01/11/90)

I just had one of my most productive days ever of birding (in about 1&1/2
years of doing it) at the Palo Alto Baylands and Mountain View's Shoreline
parks, and I thought I'd post my list:

Northern Shoveler
Pintail
Green-Winged Teal
Blue-Winged Teal
Cinnamon Teal
American Wigeon
Something that looked like a Eurasian Wigeon
Wood Duck (one female)
Gadwall
Canvasback
Lesser Scaup
Bufflehead
Surf Scoter
Ruddy Duck
Pied-Billed Grebe
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret
Snowy Egret
Black-Crowned Night-Heron
Virginia Rail
Clapper Rail
Common Moorhen
American Avocet
Black-Necked Stilt
Semipalmated Plover
Kildeer
Marbled Godwit
Willet
Double-Crested Cormorant
Brandt's Cormorant
Turkey Vulture
Northern Harrier
American Kestrel
Peregrine Falcon
Ring-Necked Pheasant
Herring Gull
Thayer's Gull
California Gull
Ring-Billed Gull

I thought that it was pretty good, considering that my total driving time
was about 10 minutes..
--
Kevin Burnett, N6UWS (ex-KC6AOA)		AMPR.ORG: 44.4.0.231
"She was an acrobat's daughter, she swung by her teeth from a noose;

J.M.Spencer@newcastle.ac.uk (J.M. Spencer) (01/12/90)

In article <7074@lindy.Stanford.EDU> kevin@lindy.Stanford.EDU (Kevin J. Burnett) writes:

>I just had one of my most productive days ever of birding (in about 1&1/2
>years of doing it) at the Palo Alto Baylands and Mountain View's Shoreline
>parks, and I thought I'd post my list:
>
>Northern Shoveler
>Pintail
>Green-Winged Teal
>Blue-Winged Teal
>Cinnamon Teal
>American Wigeon
>Something that looked like a Eurasian Wigeon
>Wood Duck (one female)
>Gadwall
>Canvasback
>Lesser Scaup
>Bufflehead
>Surf Scoter
>Ruddy Duck
>Pied-Billed Grebe
>Great Blue Heron
>Great Egret
>Snowy Egret
>Black-Crowned Night-Heron
>Virginia Rail
>Clapper Rail
>Common Moorhen
>American Avocet
>Black-Necked Stilt
>Semipalmated Plover
>Kildeer
>Marbled Godwit
>Willet
>Double-Crested Cormorant
>Brandt's Cormorant
>Turkey Vulture
>Northern Harrier
>American Kestrel
>Peregrine Falcon
>Ring-Necked Pheasant
>Herring Gull
>Thayer's Gull
>California Gull
>Ring-Billed Gull
>
>I thought that it was pretty good, considering that my total driving time
>was about 10 minutes..

So *who* was watching the road?

kevin@lindy.Stanford.EDU (Kevin J. Burnett) (01/12/90)

In article <1990Jan11.161346.15175@newcastle.ac.uk> J.M.Spencer@newcastle.ac.uk (J.M. Spencer) writes:
>So *who* was watching the road?
Actually, the 10 minutes is how long it takes me to get to the place from
my house.