[rec.birds] INDOOR: Steve Martin Bird Videos?

stewartw@cognos.UUCP (Stewart Winter) (01/24/90)

In article <12752@cbnewsd.ATT.COM> heneghan@cbnewsd.ATT.COM (joseph.t.heneghan) writes:
>In a recent Bird Talk magazine, there was an advertisement for 2
>Steve Martin Bird Videos: 1 was taming and training, the other was
>more for entertainment and included flights of raptors. Has anyone seen
>these videos?

   I have seen the taming/training video.  It's not too bad, and would
certainly provide a lot of good advice for someone who has little
experience with birds.  The pace is pretty slow, and it stresses patience
(which is the all-important ingredient).  Taming is a time consuming
process however, and the video must therefore jump forwards in time.
Sometimes I got the feeling that a 'bit of magic' had happened in between
these jumps, but I could see where the prescribed method would lead to the
results being shown if followed diligently.

   I haven't seen the other video.

 Stewart

--
Stewart Winter                Cognos Incorporated   S-mail: P.O. Box 9707
VOICE: (613) 738-1338 x3830   FAX: (613) 738-0002           3755 Riverside Drive