[rec.birds] Maroon-Belly Conure, Peach-Faced & Lutino-Peach-Faces Lovebirds

pkoo@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Peter Koo) (02/26/90)

I just recently purchased a Hand-Fed Maroon-Belly Conure,...I don't really know
much about "Bob".  Actually, the perculiar thing about thing fellow is that
it incessantly bobbs its head...that's where he/she got the name...  Anyway,
I was wondering if someone out there could answer the basic questions obout
this specific species such as life-span, talking capabilities, and general
nature...

I was also wondering if any of you experts out there would know if my other
two love birds would kill or get killed by the Conure...I wish they would just
sit put and have fun in the same play pen...but I guess not...

Greatly appreciated....

						-Peter

heneghan@cbnewsd.ATT.COM (joseph.t.heneghan) (03/02/90)

In article <5466@ur-cc.UUCP> pkoo@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Peter Koo) writes:
>I just recently purchased a Hand-Fed Maroon-Belly Conure,...I don't really know
>much about "Bob".  Actually, the perculiar thing about thing fellow is that
>it incessantly bobbs its head...that's where he/she got the name...  Anyway,
>I was wondering if someone out there could answer the basic questions obout
>this specific species such as life-span, talking capabilities, and general>nature...
>Greatly appreciated....-Peter
I have a Nanday Conure and he Bobs. My kids call him Bobby, I call him
KOKO because I think animals shouldn't have people's names. I read
in a recent Bird Talk where someone had a 30 yr. old Nanday. My Nanday
says about 5 words, only 1 all the time, the word "what". They are
hardy birds and good with people (probably because it was hand fed
not so much because it's a Nanday). Just spend enough time with him
and talkk to him. My birds 5 months old.
					Joe Heneghan