[rec.birds] Crows & Ravens

rising@utzoo.uucp (Jim Rising) (03/05/90)

Sam, I enjoyed your account of the Raven.  However, BOTH crows and
ravens are protected by federal law!
--
Name:     Jim Rising
Mail:     Dept. Zoology, Univ. Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada    M5S 1A1

dragon@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Sam Conway) (03/06/90)

In article <1990Mar5.133919.23711@utzoo.uucp> rising@utzoo.uucp (Jim Rising) writes:
>Sam, I enjoyed your account of the Raven.  However, BOTH crows and
>ravens are protected by federal law!
>--
>Name:     Jim Rising
>Mail:     Dept. Zoology, Univ. Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada    M5S 1A1

Perhaps by Canadian Federal law.  Here in Vermont, though, and much
to the dismay of many, there is an open season on crows.  This creates
much heartache, and also generates a lot of revenue for the Fish and
Game Department, when hunters are caught with gunshot ravens which
they had mistaken for crows.

--
Sam Conway                               *
dragon@eleazar.dartmouth.edu             *   Don't mention the war!