[rec.birds] Birding areas in the Phoenix/Tucson area.

pgraham@lfpd1.Dayton.NCR.COM (Paul.Graham@Dayton.NCR.COM) (07/11/90)

I will be on vacation in the Phoenix/Tucson area during the
latter part of October and early November and was wondering
where to go to do some birdwatching and what i might expect
to see. Thank You!

--
Paul.Graham@Dayton.NCR.COM   ...!uunet!ncrlnk!lfpd1!pgraham
NCR Corporate Logistics Division, Information Systems & Procedures

sandee@sun13.scri.fsu.edu (Daan Sandee) (07/12/90)

In article <214@lfpd1.Dayton.NCR.COM> pgraham@lfpd1.Dayton.NCR.COM (Paul.Graham@Dayton.NCR.COM) writes:
>I will be on vacation in the Phoenix/Tucson area during the
>latter part of October and early November and was wondering
>where to go to do some birdwatching and what i might expect
>to see. Thank You!
>--
>Paul.Graham@Dayton.NCR.COM   ...!uunet!ncrlnk!lfpd1!pgraham
>NCR Corporate Logistics Division, Information Systems & Procedures

Canned answer, I'm afraid. Go to your favorite local nature book shop,
or call the ABA bookshop at 1-800-634-7736 (9 to 6 pm Mountain time, 7 days
a week), and order :
1. A Birder's Guide to Southeastern Arizona, by Jim Lane ($8)
2. Birds in Southeastern Arizona, by Davis and Russell ($6.50)

Southeastern Arizona (the mountains between Tucson and the Mexican border)
is one of the best birding areas in the nation. Although October is not
the best time, there will still be enough interesting birds around, the
weather will be nice, and even without the birding, the scenery and the
hiking are great.

Daan Sandee                                           sandee@sun16.scri.fsu.edu
Supercomputer Computations Research Institute
Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306-4052  (904) 644-7045