[net.unix-wizards] New equipment support under 4.1

mike@sri-unix (11/22/82)

From:     Mike.Caplinger <lbl-unix!rice!mike>
Date:     18 Nov 1982 17:45-CST
We have recently acquired 4 750s with really new peripherals,
particularly RA80/81s and dual Unibuses.  Has anybody had any
experience with these?  We are running vaguely flaky Berkeley drivers
now and can't boot off the RAs, though we have written a boot program
that uses the DEC boot ROMs to drive the devices.  Alas, we can't get
DEC to deliver the ROMs.  We are also working on adding dual Unibus
support.  Comments from anybody else in this position would be
appreciated.

Also, we have a 730.  Has anyone succeeded in getting 4.1 up using the
rl02 as Berkeley suggests?  We have a 4.1 release too old to have the
IDC driver on it, and I'd like to hear that somebody else has done it
before I blow the money for a new distribution.

	Thanks,
	Mike

mike@lbl-unix@sri-unix (11/24/82)