[rec.birds] Offensiveness

ooblick@intercon.com (Mikki Barry) (08/14/90)

In article <383@sun13.scri.fsu.edu> sandee@sun13.scri.fsu.edu (Daan Sandee) writes:
>In article <1010.26c5a329@desire.wright.edu> sbishop@desire.wright.edu writes:
>>In article <1990Aug10.193512.6545@granite.cr.bull.com>, horvath@granite.cr.bull.com (John Horvath) writes:

>>> in the latter, I find the former not just uninteresting, but offensive.

>>I dont mean to start a flame, but what is so offensive about pet birds?  I

>If you don't want to start a flame, then don't make remarks like that. Or,
>don't respond to the other guy's remarks.

Um, it seems to me that if someone calls another's practice "offensive",
it is quite justified to attempt to find out the reasoning behind the
comment to try to persuade otherwise.  Simply ignoring jabs at what we
hold quite dear will not educate others.

>This demonstrates EXACTLY why this group should be split. I can tolerate the
>drivel about budgies being off their feed, but I don't want all the flame wars
>between groups of opposing interest.

We may not really be groups of "opposing interest", but the only way to find
out is through discussion.  I haven't seen any "flame wars" developing.  Just
one person asking the reasoning of another.

Mikki Barry
Natural Intelligence Aviaries