[net.unix-wizards] UUCP transmission protocol???

schoff@Bbn-Unix@sri-unix (11/20/82)

From: Martin Schoffstall <schoff@Bbn-Unix>
Date: 16 Nov 1982 16:42:10 EST (Tuesday)
Does anyone know anything about the UUCP transmission protocol for
the UNIX net?  Also, where I could get a hold of the source?

thanx

schoff at bbn-unix

cak@Purdue@sri-unix (11/23/82)

From: Christopher A Kent <cak@Purdue>
Date: 20 Nov 1982 12:01:38 EST
The UUCP protocol was ably presented by Lauren Weinstein at the Santa
Monica Usenix meeting. Notes from his talk, which summarize the protocol,
appear in V7 N1 of ;login: The USENIX Association Newsletter.

If you have a Unix license, you should have the source to UUCP, which means
you have the source for the protocol. Reading the code is another matter.

Cheers,
chris

tj@Okc-Unix@sri-unix (11/25/82)

From: Cal Thixton <tj@Okc-Unix>
Date: 23 Nov 1982 20:37:29 CST (Tuesday)

I am currently installing UUCP on the 11/70 here at Tinker AFB
and it should be up within a couple of weeks. I have installed of the
'bugs' that I have gotten though unix-wizards.
also, from what Lauren Wienstein(sp) talked about at the last
users meeting in santa monica, I don't think you will want to know
what the protocol looks like, but if you insist, I suggest you
talk to him. I think he ported UUCP to a cp/m z80 system.

cal