From:    Chuck Williamson
To:      All                                      Msg #78, 05-Sep-90  06:35am
Subject: other BBSs

Here is a list of BBSs I know of with birding conferences or NBHC stuff:

The Osprey's Nest ( TON ) Colesville Maryland  1-301-989-9036
Southern Az Birding BBS   Tucson Az            1-602-881-4280
Quake                     LA area  Cal.        1-818-362-6092
The Pacific Rim Information San Diego area     1-619-560-7713
The Twilight Zone         San Francisco area   1-415-352-0433

The latter two have just added our echo in the last few days.

---
 * Origin: Southern Az Birding BBS (602) 881-4280 (Opus 1:300/16)
SEEN-BY: 161/88 202/701 300/16 777/777

From:    Joe Morlan
To:      All                                      Msg #21, 04-Sep-90  09:11pm
Subject: Update

     RBU for 9:48pm, Tuesday, September 4, 1990, sponsored by Golden Gate
Audubon Society.  In Mendocino County, a Bar-tailed Godwit apparently first
seen August 26th, one and a half miles south of the 10 mile entrance to
MacKerricher State Park was reportedly seen again yesterday about a mile north
of the Ward Avenue entrance to the Park.  In Marin County, an Eastern Kingbird
was found today at Tomales Bay.  From Pt. Reyes Station, take Hwy 1 north
about 2 miles until you come to m.p. 31.66. Proceed up the hill and park in
the pull-out on the left.  Look down on the driftwood and brush directly below
to see the kingbird which was present all day today.  In Santa Clara County,
the Hudsonian Godwit was still at the Sunnyvale Sewer Ponds today.  In
Monterey County, the Long-tailed Jaeger was still in the NW most settling
ponds at the Salinas Sewer Ponds and an immature Franklin's Gull was found at
the west-most main pond at the Salinas Sewer Ponds today.  In Humboldt County,
a Philadelphia Vireo was seen at Fairhaven on Saturday.  From Oregon comes
word of a juvenal Great Knot at Bandon found on Saturday and apparently still
present.

     The scripts from the National Birding Hotline Cooperative are now being
echoed locally.  If you have a computer with a modem call the Twilight Zone
BBS at 352-0433 and join conference #5, the Birding Echo.

     Please leave bird messages including your name and telephone number and
the date and location of the birds after the tone. Thanks.

--- Telegard v2.5i Standard
 * Origin: The Twilight Zone (415) 352-0433 (1:161/88.0)
SEEN-BY: 161/88 202/701 300/16 777/777

From:    Joe Morlan
To:      All                                      Msg #22, 05-Sep-90  09:40pm
Subject: Northern California update

     RBU for 9:58pm, Wednesday, September 5, 1990, sponsored by Golden Gate
Audubon Society.  In Monterey County a Dickcissel was found today at the mouth
of the Carmel River.  From Hwy 1 walk under the bridge to the dry river bed.
Go west past the green pipe and just before you come to the lagoon at the
mouth there are three patches of flowering tules on the right.  The Dickcissel
was feeding in those three patches with two Lazuli Buntings.  Also in Monterey
County, the Ruff was still at Moonglow Dairy in Moss Landing today.  In Sonoma
County, an Eastern Kingbird was found today by the Campbell Cove Parking lot
near the mouth of Bodega Harbor.  Also a Magnolia Warbler was found at
Westside County Park at Bodega Bay today.  In Marin County, at Pt. Reyes, an
adult Stilt Sandpiper and a Semipalmated Sandpiper were found today at the SW
corner of Horseshoe Pond near the white logs.  Elsewhere in Marin County, the
Northern Waterthrush was still along the south side of Rodeo Lake today. In
San Mateo County, a Gray Flycatcher was a Moss Beach today. Please leave bird