[rec.birds] Greater Prairie Chicken now extirpated in Canada

dgraham@kean.ucs.mun.ca (David Graham) (09/15/90)

(David Mark) writes:

>  Greater Prairie-Chicken. I understand it is extirpated from its former
>     range in Canada, but I may be wrong.

No, this is now correct, as this bird has been given 'extirpated'
status in the last year for Canada. However, that makes it a present
US endemic, not an all-time one as David specified (but see Daan's
disclaimer below).

sandee@sun16.scri.fsu.edu
   David Graham					dgraham@kean.ucs.mun.ca