[net.unix-wizards] More: DEC Support of 4.2 BSD

mike@Brl@sri-unix (11/26/82)

From:     Michael Muuss <mike@Brl>
Date:     24 Nov 82 22:46:02-EST (Wed)
Having forwarded the rumor from net.general to the 'wiz list,
I have some more fuel for the flames:  I just got an invitation
to a meeting to be held in the Washington area, the flyer for
which included the following juicy paragraph:

"....  As many of you may already heard, Digital Equipment Corp has
a UNIX-like system called VNX (pronounced Venix) that runs under the
VMS operating system on the VAX 11/780 computer.  What you may not have
heard is the latest hottest rumor that DEC is considering possibly
supporting Berkeley's version of UNIX on their VAX as a standard
product (AT&T move over).  DEC will be here to discuss these topics,
as well as tell us about their office automation products."

If you are an employee of the Government, send me a message, and I'll
tell you how to get an invitation to the meeting.

In mid-December I'll submit a message to the list discussing
the details of DEC's presentation, assuming they don't make the whole
presentation COMPANY PROPRIETARY.
					UNIX!
					 -Mike