[rec.birds] buzzards

horvath@granite.cr.bull.com (John Horvath) (12/07/90)

Speaking of generic terms for various raptors:
Someplace in Ohio (Hinkley?), they have some sort of media blitz
every spring about the return of buzzards to hinkley. It was difficult
to determine whether they meant turkey vultures or hawks in general.
Its an entertaining story, but I have always been curious about
which bird they were talking about.
Has anybody been there?

grp@Unify.com (Greg Pasquariello) (12/11/90)

In article <1990Dec7.150814.12291@granite.cr.bull.com>,
horvath@granite.cr.bull.com (John Horvath) writes:

> Speaking of generic terms for various raptors:
> Someplace in Ohio (Hinkley?), they have some sort of media blitz
> every spring about the return of buzzards to hinkley. It was
difficult
> to determine whether they meant turkey vultures or hawks in general.
> Its an entertaining story, but I have always been curious about
> which bird they were talking about.
> Has anybody been there?

I've never been there, but they're talking about Turkey Vultures.

--

---
Greg Pasquariello