[rec.birds] FALCONERY

sandra@pyrtech.pyramid.com (Sandra Macika) (01/30/91)

In article <2120006@hppad.HP.COM> geleynse@hppad.HP.COM (Martin Geleynse) writes:

>To those who are inclined to lump falconry in with pet birds as
>a topic that doesn't belong in this group, consider this:
>Falconry is an outdoor activity. It involves both human-wildlife
>interaction and wildlife-wildlife interaction, both frequent topics
>in this group. In addition there are many raptor and raptor behaviour
>notes.

I agree. I think there should be a new subject - FALCONERY

Some may think this is dumb, but it is actually very important because of
the way the sorting programs work. The people who use "readnews" to read their
news can specify which subjects they want, and if the Subject line is not
standard, they miss the post. The people who use "rn" to read their news can
specify Subjects to delete, so if the Subject is not standard they receive it
anyway. This isn't as bad, but it can be cumbersome to delete articles if
you are running at lower baud rates.

It is not that had to put a standard abbreviation in the Subject line is it?
Especially if it really helps out your fellow birders.

Thanks,
Sandra

P.S. I LOVE hearing about Falconery!!!!!!

>(Actually, I suspect that the posting never went out to the net due
>to a problem with our note server - let me know if I should re-post it.)

I got it!