[rec.birds] Ocean City, MD Vicinity Sites

edm@vrdxhq.verdix.com (Ed Matthews) (02/13/91)

My wife and I are off to Ocean City, MD for the long three day weekend.
Anybody have any advice for sites in the vicinity?  My e-mail address is
edm@verdix.com.

P.S.  Daan -- I already have Claudia Wilds' Where to Find Birds in the
Washington DC Area and that (dated) description of OC.  And, it's a wee
bit to late to call ABA sales!
--

Ed Matthews                                                edm@verdix.com
Verdix Corporation Headquarters                            (703) 378-7600

grp@Unify.com (Greg Pasquariello) (02/19/91)

In article <46484@vrdxhq.verdix.com>, edm@vrdxhq.verdix.com (Ed Matthews)
writes:

> My wife and I are off to Ocean City, MD for the long three day weekend.
> Anybody have any advice for sites in the vicinity?  My e-mail address is
> edm@verdix.com.
>
> P.S.  Daan -- I already have Claudia Wilds' Where to Find Birds in the
> Washington DC Area and that (dated) description of OC.  And, it's a wee
> bit to late to call ABA sales!

Darn, I wish I'd seen this earlier, 'cuz I've birded that area every year
for the last 5 years!

I suspect it was probably a little slow this weekend.  The absolute best time
to bird that area is the first or second week in May, depending on the weather.
Then, you can catch the migrating Warblers in Pocomoke Swamp, and the shore-
birds at various locations along the coast.

If you decide to go again, drop me a note.  I can give you detailed directions
to lots of good birding spots in the area.

--

---
Greg Pasquariello