[rec.birds] <None>

** Sender Unknown ** (12/03/90)

paulin
Subject: HEY D00DZ WHAT"S PERL???
From: BIFF@BIT.NET (Classic BIFF)
Date: 2 Dec 90 08:06:03 GMT
Sender: Y00ZNET@BIT.NET (N00Z PROGRAM THAT IZ RELY K00L)

On 23 Nov 90 04:04:59 GMT, popkin@cs.odu.edu (Brian "Unix" Popkin) said:
> Expires:never

HEY BRIAN I"M BIFF!!!  HEY WHAT DUZ EXPIRES NEVER MEAN???  HEY DUZ THAT
MEAN THAT THIS MESSIJ WILL BE AROUND FOREVER SO I CAN WRITE TO YOU AGAIN
AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN???  WOW THAT IZ TOTALL AWESUM!!!  CAN I DO
THAT??? K00L!!!

> where can I ftp perl 3.0 with patch 41 from??? the whole package?

HEY BRIAN CULD YOU TELL ME WHATS FTP???  IS IT SUMTHING AWESUM???  I BET IT
MUST BE CUZ YOU CAN USE IT WITH SUMTHING CALLED PERL!!!

HEY BRIAN WHAT"S PERL???  I REMEMEBER I SAW THIS WOMYN ONCE ON HEE HAW OR
SUMTHING WHO WUZ CALLED MINNIE PERL I THINK DOES THIS HAV ANYTHING TO DO
WITH HER???  HEY I BET THIS IS A PROGRAM WRITTEN BY HER OR SUMTHING!!!  I
ALWAYS WUNDERED WHAT SHE WULD DO IF SHE CULDN"T SAY HOWDEE TO ANYWUN
ANYMORR!!!

HEY BRIAN HOW CUM YOU WANT IT ENYWAY???  IF IT WUZ RITTEN BY SOMEBODY FROM
HEE HAW AND ALREDY HAS 41 PATHES TO IT IT CAN"T BE VERY GOOD CAN IT???
WELL I HAVE TO GO NOW BYE BRIAN!!! COWABUNGA!!!

> Thanks

SURE THING D00D!!! NO PROBLEM!!!

> mail responses to popkin@xanth.cs.odu.edu

I WUZ GOING TO BRIAN BUT I THOT HEY MABEE EVERYWUN ELSE SHULD HERE WHAT I
SAY CUZ IT"S KIND OF K00L YOU KNOW??

BIFF@BIT.NET                                           BIFF@PSUVM.PSU.EDU
BIFF@BIFFVM.BIT.NET                                  BIFF+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU
     BIFF@PSUVM.ANDREW.PORTAL.COM.XZ.US.RUTGERS.ARPA.BITNET.EDU.UUCP
 MAN!WOMAN!BIRTH!DEATH!INFINITI!ROCKS!TREES!BIT.NET!BIFF@UUNET.UU.NET.EDU
--
BIFF@BIT.NET                                           BIFF@PSUVM.PSU.EDU
BIFF@BIFFVM.BIT.NET                                  BIFF+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU
     BIFF@PSUVM.ANDREW.PORTAL.COM.XZ.US.RUTGERS.ARPA.BITNET.EDU.UUCP
 MAN!WOMAN!BIRTH!DEATH!INFINITI!ROCKS!TREES!BIT.NET!BIFF@UUNET.UU.NET.EDU

castello@remus.rutgers.edu (Vicentecastello) (01/05/91)

this is a test.

jahayes@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (04/15/91)

Well, the migrants are here in some force in SW Ohio. Wife and I
went for a walk this noontime as it was gray and muggy, figuring
the birds might be active, and sure enough. Nothing really unusual
or anything, it's just always a relief to see the migrants come
back. Here's a list as I remember it...oh, by the way, we walked
about three miles of trail at Hueston Woods State Park, a great
place for woodpeckers.

And sure enough, we saw four species: hairy, downy, flickers, and
two wonderful looks at pileateds. They were unusually tame; usually
very wary birds.

Also saw the usual residents: starlings, grackles, chickadees,
titmice, and white-breasted nuthatches. Turkey vultures, a probably
red-tail, but it was holding its tail in a peculiarly narrow manner
if it was, making it look quite elongate.

Quite a few yellow-rumped warblers, several goldfinches, a quick
glimpse of what I think was a yellow-throated warbler, several
white-throated sparrows -- one startled up from the path to a
branch not five feet from where we stood, and perched motionless,
apparently convinced that it was in the brush and we couldn't see it.
A very loud rufous-sided towhee wheeped and peenked about. One
northern rough-winged swallow; there are undoubtedly more about,
but this is the only one we saw, startling it out from the nesting
bank. A fairly large number of blue-gray gnatcatchers. A couple pair
of mallards (oh, boy) and several Canada geese, and the prize of the
day, a mature osprey hunting over Acton Lake in the park. Glorious.

Let's get out there and see some MIGRANTS! And spread it about on the net.

Cheers,

Josh Hayes, Zoology, Miami of Ohio
jahayes@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu

** Sender Unknown ** (05/29/91)

From: jeffd@fox.nstn.ns.ca (Naomi Matthews)
Subject: Re: Migration
Sender: usenet@nstn.ns.ca (NNTP Entity)
Date: Wed, 29 May 91 14:08:03 GMT

I set up a bird feeder in my yard last week and I would like to know if fee
ding wild birds interfers with their natural migratory patterns?
                                      Naomi Matthews