[rec.birds] Blue-winged Warbler

rising@zoo.toronto.edu (Jim Rising) (06/13/91)

Could your birds have been a Common Yellowthroat?
--
Name:     Jim Rising
Mail:     Dept. Zoology, Univ. Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada    M5S 1A1

decay@cbnewsj.att.com (dean.kaflowitz) (06/14/91)

In article <1991Jun13.145835.7154@zoo.toronto.edu> rising@zoo.toronto.edu (Jim Rising) writes:
> Could your birds have been a Common Yellowthroat?
> --

I believe we checked the Common Yellowthroat in the field guide when
we were trying to decide and it wasn't that one.  I have a couple
of good pictures of it and will recheck the guide when I get home.
The ornithologist at the observatory said there are Blue-Winged
Warblers in that wood (did I say that already?), but the size of
the mask, which my photo confirms was very wide, contradicts the
guide (which I know I said already).

Anyway, I'll check that one again.

Thanks.

Dean Kaflowitz