[rec.ham-radio.packet] AGOG

jans@tekchips.UUCP (09/27/87)

>There is a mailing list for GRiD owners. Send mail to :
>
>          gatech!tektronix!stalker.SPT.TEK.COM!GRiD
>
>to be added to the mailing list. (Is that OK Jan?)

Almost, Owen.  Actually, to get added to the list, send a request to
jans@tekcrl.TEK.COM.  The alias GRiD@staller.SPT.TEK.COM is the actual list --
please *do not* send your requests there, or everybody on the list will see
it, and phone bills will go up unnecessarily.  If your mail system doesn't
understand domains, use the path tektronix!tekcrl!jans.

Additional info on the cheap GRiDs -- the 256k boxes make fine portable
terminals, and can run simple applications, but spend a bit more for a 512k
machine if you want to do any development on it.

:::::: Software Productivity Technologies    ---    Smalltalk   Project ::::::
:::::: Jan Steinman N7JDB	Box 500, MS 50-470	(w)503/627-5881 ::::::
:::::: jans@tekcrl.TEK.COM	Beaverton, OR 97077	(h)503/657-7703 ::::::

jans@tekchips.UUCP (09/27/87)

Well, it's on the air.  Special thanks to Geoff for helping me get some
addresses straightened out.

This mailing list is primarily for hobbyist-types who have purchased used GRiD
Compass computers, although we won't turn away anyone.  To join the group,
drop a note to:

	jans@tekcrl.TEK.COM (domain style), or
	tektronix!tekcrl!jans (path-from-backbone style)

So send a message to the entire group, address the mail to:

	GRiD@staller.SPT.TEK.COM (domain style), or
	tektronix!tekcrl!staller!GRiD (path-from-backbone style)

As a start (or as initial information, if you are just joining), it might be
nice to have the following information.  Send it to me, and I'll summarize to
the group.

Model(s) of GRiD computers you have:
GRiD-specific peripherals you have:
Primarily GRiD-OS, or MS-DOS user?
Software that you are using:
Primary use of machine(s):
Projects -- special things you want to do with/to your GRiD: