[rec.ham-radio.packet] ROSE Software

n2dsy@hou2d.UUCP (G.BEATTIE) (03/24/88)

 The Radio Amateur Telecommunications Society has several
pieces of software which we are willing to place here in both
source and executable form.  We have a few questions for the
crew before we proceed.

1. We would only send it via a single distribution/newsgroup,
   which one ?

2. Since binary is not acceptable what form is most welcome ?
   (we have been thinking of the PC BTOA programme if it is
    popular.  Should we use a UNIX utility ?)

3. We will also post the DOCUMENTATION...should we pack it up
   or since it isn't too large just post each file ?

4. Is there any demand for the source ?

Comments anyone ?

By the way, the mailing has started to flow out the door...
We would like to post the stuff here to help distribute the
software more rapidly.

Thanks,
            J. Gordon Beattie, Jr.
E-mail:    ihnp4!hou2d!n2dsy (Unix)  n2dsy@kd6th.a3100201.ampr
Telephone: 201-615-4168 (Office)     201-615-4669 (Office FAX)
Telephone: 201-387-8896 (Home)

rusty@hodge.UUCP (Rusty Hodge) (03/25/88)

We would appreciate having the source posted in plain ascii.

--
Rusty Hodge, Hodge Computer Research Corp, Orange, CA 92667 (714) 974-6300
rusty@hodge.cts.com [ccicpg!arnold, crash]!hodge!rusty  FAX (714) 921-8038

rec@mplvax.nosc.MIL (Richard Currier) (03/26/88)

In article <1964@hou2d.UUCP> n2dsy@hou2d.UUCP (G.BEATTIE) writes:

>4. Is there any demand for the source ?

By all means post sources please.

--
	richard currier		marine physical lab	u.c. san diego
	rec@mplvax.nosc.mil

tech@auvax.UUCP (Richard Loken) (03/26/88)

From article <1964@hou2d.UUCP>, by n2dsy@hou2d.UUCP (G.BEATTIE):
> 4. Is there any demand for the source ?
>
> Thanks,
>             J. Gordon Beattie, Jr.
> E-mail:    ihnp4!hou2d!n2dsy (Unix)  n2dsy@kd6th.a3100201.ampr
> Telephone: 201-615-4168 (Office)     201-615-4669 (Office FAX)
> Telephone: 201-387-8896 (Home)

I personally prefer source because that way it can be adapted to various
machines and various other oddities.  A lot of times I find source easier
to understand than documentation.  Besides I was born and raised on UNIX
version 6, I love source.

    **********	    Richard Loken VE6BSV
  ..      ****	    Athabasca University
 ....     ****	    Athabasca, Alberta Canada