[rec.ham-radio.packet] KA9Q package for the Atari ST

henderson@hamavnet.com (07/03/90)

Hello there,

I managed to get a hold of the KA9Q package for the Atari ST. It took quite a
bit of looking and asking, until a kind sould in Europe uucp'd me the files.

If someone would like a copy of the files, I'd be happy to uucp them to you.

Javier Henderson     | henderson@hamavnet.com           | These opinions
Engineering Services | Ham Packet: N6VBG @ KD7XG-1      | are all mine.
Hamilton Avnet       | WWIVNet: 1@2397                  |

BLS7@psuvm.psu.edu (07/04/90)

In article <1683.268f792f@hamavnet.com>, henderson@hamavnet.com says:

>Hello there,
>
>I managed to get a hold of the KA9Q package for the Atari ST. It took quite a
>bit of looking and asking, until a kind sould in Europe uucp'd me the files.
>
>If someone would like a copy of the files, I'd be happy to uucp them to you.

The files for KA9Q are also on terminator.cc.umich.edu for annonomous ftp under
the /atari/telecomm directory.  Thought you would like to know.  :-)

Babs Silvas

mn@atari.UUCP (Mike Nowicki) (07/06/90)

In article <90184.141630BLS7@psuvm.psu.edu> BLS7@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>In article <1683.268f792f@hamavnet.com>, henderson@hamavnet.com says:
>>
>>Hello there,
>>
>>I managed to get a hold of the KA9Q package for the Atari ST. It took quite a
>>bit of looking and asking, until a kind sould in Europe uucp'd me the files.
>>
>>If someone would like a copy of the files, I'd be happy to uucp them to you.
>
>The files for KA9Q are also on terminator.cc.umich.edu for annonomous ftp under
>the /atari/telecomm directory.  Thought you would like to know.  :-)
>
>Babs Silvas

  The KA9Q is a ham radio callsign. Armed with that knowledge you could also
have gone to a public library that has a copy of the ARRL ham radio callsign
directory and found his (or her) address and written them directly.

|  Michael Nowicki   N6LUU      Atari Corp,Sunnyvale CA     /TT/UNIX/X team  |
|............................................................................|
|  char *disclaimer="  Views expressed are my own, not my employer's";       |

goldstein@carafe.enet.dec.com (Fred R. Goldstein) (07/06/90)

In article <2235@atari.UUCP>, mn@atari.UUCP (Mike Nowicki) writes...
>  The KA9Q is a ham radio callsign. Armed with that knowledge you could also
>have gone to a public library that has a copy of the ARRL ham radio callsign
>directory and found his (or her) address and written them directly.

Not a good idea.  KA9Q is Phil Karn's call sign.  He write the
"original" MS-DOS versions of the code.  Other people then write the
variants, such as the Atari version.  Walter Doerr DK2GG (or DG2KK?) did
one of the ST ports; a later one comes from somebody in Holland.  A
better notesfile to ask in might be rec.ham-radio.packet.
---
Fred R. Goldstein   goldstein@carafe.enet.dec.com
 k1io            or goldstein@delni.enet.dec.com
                    voice:  +1 508 486 7388

ralph@laas.fr (Ralph P. Sobek) (08/21/90)

Hi folks!

In article <1683.268f792f@hamavnet.com> henderson@hamavnet.com writes:

|    I managed to get a hold of the KA9Q package for the Atari ST. It took quite a
|    bit of looking and asking, until a kind sould in Europe uucp'd me the files.
|
|    If someone would like a copy of the files, I'd be happy to uucp them to you.

I tried replying but if anyone (especially in Europe) has the ka9q
source for the Atari ST, I *sure* am interested.  I had a copy on a
Sun cassette and accidently destroyed it with everything else ;-(

--
Ralph P. Sobek			  Disclaimer: The above ruminations are my own.
ralph@laas.fr				   Addresses are ordered by importance.