[rec.ham-radio.packet] Tandy 100/102 series and packet radio - need hints

swood@terminator.cc.umich.edu (Scott Wood) (02/07/91)

I am looking for help, and input from anyone that has used the tandy
100/102 laptops with their amateur radio set-ups.  Especially with
packet or station management.

Any and all input is helpful (how, why, and what)

thanks
swood

skcm@echo.canberra.edu.au (Carl Makin) (02/08/91)

In <1991Feb7.060014.11255@terminator.cc.umich.edu> swood@terminator.cc.umich.edu (Scott Wood) writes:

>I am looking for help, and input from anyone that has used the tandy
>100/102 laptops with their amateur radio set-ups.  Especially with
>packet or station management.

A tandy 100 was used in the first mobile and portable packet experiments
here in Canberra. :-)  Friend of mine had it setup in the car.  Somebody
connected to say hello and was rather confused when Doug typed back "not
now I'm driving". :-)

We use that same m100 quite a bit when we go to a remote digipeater site as
the terminal end of a TNC-2/HH portable station configuration.

There is also a BBS available for the m100 written in basic that seems to
work ok over packet however with the growing number of PMSs it's not really
worthwhile.  Most TNC's now have more processing power than a m100.

Carl.