[rec.games.chess] chess program defeats USCF 2164 program by 11-1 !!!

cracraft@venera.isi.edu (Stuart Cracraft) (09/27/88)

AI-Chess, -- quite possibly the strongest program ever marketed.

This program is beginning to surface as a very strong contender; defeating
Novag Super-Expert (USCF 2164) by a margin of 11-1 at speed settings
of 15 sec., 30 sec., and 1 min on a PC running at 10mhz.

It has a broad opening book emphasizing many stylish and popular
openings including great depth in some for the tournament player.

If you wish to talk with the developer, call for Marty on Saturday
October 1 at 714-631-7452; if the line is busy, keep calling.

This really looks like a substantial advance over both dedicated chess
machines *AND* PC-based chess programs.

	Stuart

ccs@mtune.ATT.COM (Chuck Schwing) (09/29/88)

In article <6382@venera.isi.edu> cracraft@venera.isi.edu (Stuart Cracraft) writes:

>AI-Chess, -- quite possibly the strongest program ever marketed.
>
>This program is beginning to surface as a very strong contender; defeating
>Novag Super-Expert (USCF 2164) by a margin of 11-1 at speed settings
>of 15 sec., 30 sec., and 1 min on a PC running at 10mhz.

[ stuff deleted ]

I would like to see some (if not all) of these games.
There has been a lot of hype about this program in this group lately,
and I would guess that I'm not alone in wondering what sort of game AI-Chess
plays.

I also hope that this news group does not turn into an adverising page
for new chess machines and programs.  I know that I do not speak for
everyone who reads this group, but my favorite stuff is game postings
and analysis of the game itself.  Chess Life is full of adverts, which I
rarely read.

Happy hunting,
Chuck Schwing	ccs@mtune.att.com