[rec.games.chess] Amiga Computer Chess Programs

tjf@lanl.gov (Tom J Farish) (12/11/90)

I'd very much appreciate information about the various chess programs
available on the Amiga Computer.  (Other systems as well).  How does
Sargon 4 (or 5) compare to Chessmaster 2100 or Checkmate?  What
features are nice/not nice; what level do they play in standard time
limits, etc.  So far I have not even seen Sargon for Amiga...is it
available and worth  buying?  How does the PD program Chess 2.0
rate?  What level is it?

Thanks in advance!
.

rblewitt@sdcc6.ucsd.edu (Richard Blewitt) (12/11/90)

In article <8428@lanl.gov> tjf@lanl.gov (Tom J Farish) writes:

>I'd very much appreciate information about the various chess programs
>available on the Amiga Computer.  (Other systems as well).  How does
>Sargon 4 (or 5) compare to Chessmaster 2100 or Checkmate?  What
>features are nice/not nice; what level do they play in standard time

From what I have heard, Checkmate has a strong algorythm, but only
when you play at 2 min/move or higher.  At lower levels, it makes a
lot of mistakes.  This informaiton comes from a friend who has a
rating of ~2000, and he has compaired it with 2 chess computers
rated 2100 and 2200.

Personaly, I use chessmaster 2000, which beats me at its lowest
level.

               Rick "I ain't Bobby Fisher" Blewitt