[net.unix-wizards] v6mail

reece@Nadc@sri-unix (12/09/82)

Date: 5 Dec 1982 1043-EST (Sunday)
In my 4.1BSD system distribution I received a program called "v6mail"
tucked away in the /usr/net directory, I think. Does anyone know what
the purpose of the program is? There is no "man" page.
-------

tom.CC@Udel-Relay@sri-unix (12/17/82)

From:      Tom McCollough <tom.CC@Udel-Relay>
Date:      10 Dec 82 19:39:58-EDT (Fri)
I think in some readme file also in /usr/net, it is said that Berknet software
uses v6mail.  An interesting problem that some hackers here found out about
the program is that when you link your mail file to some other random file
(presumably not your own), and then send yourself mail, the file magically
becomes yours with your mail appended.  An interesting program indeed...

Tom