[rec.ham-radio] DSP boards for PCs

gingell@aurs01.UUCP (Mike Gingell) (01/09/91)

Although not an internal DSP board for a PC there is a very interesting
unit available from L L Grace. It looks and functions like an external
modem to a PC but it contains a Motorola DSP56000 and a V40 coprocessor
with 1 Meg of memory. It has programmable A/D and D/A with variable
pre and post filters allowing sample rates up to 100 kHz. It also has
three separate slelectable analog I/O channels and comes with algorithms
built in for packet radio (300-9600 baud), CW (morse code), RTTY plus
more to come in free upgrades (such as WEFAX, NAVTEX, AMTOR, SITOR,
SSTV).  They have an "open programming architecture" which means the
user can add their own code. Base price is $595.

I have no vested interested in the company except as a potential user.
I have ordered one and will report on results when I get it going.

Mike Gingell   aurs01!aurw90!gingell@mcnc.org

danr@ais.org (Daniel Romanchik) (01/10/91)

In article <59419@aurs01.UUCP> gingell@aurw90.UUCP (Mike Gingell) writes:
>Although not an internal DSP board for a PC there is a very interesting
>unit available from L L Grace. It looks and functions like an external
>modem to a PC but it contains a Motorola DSP56000 and a V40 coprocessor
>with 1 Meg of memory. It has programmable A/D and D/A with variable
>pre and post filters allowing sample rates up to 100 kHz. It also has
>three separate slelectable analog I/O channels and comes with algorithms
>built in for packet radio (300-9600 baud), CW (morse code), RTTY plus
>more to come in free upgrades (such as WEFAX, NAVTEX, AMTOR, SITOR,
>SSTV).  They have an "open programming architecture" which means the
>user can add their own code. Base price is $595.

Do you have an address and telephone number for this company?

TNX, Dan KB6NU

--
Dan Romanchik (danr@irie.ais.org, danr@m-net.ann-arbor.mi.us, 313-930-6564)

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."  -- Ancient Engineering Maxim