[att.sys.pc6300] second serial port for AT&T 6300

psfales@ihlpe.UUCP (10/28/87)

In article <122@flnexus.ATT.COM>, heff@flnexus.ATT.COM (Paul K Heffner) writes:
> I went in search of the same article for my 6300+ a few months ago. First I
> bought a knockoff clone serial board which, as it turned out, could only
> be configured as COM1: or COM3: as bought. Most of the clone boards will
> allow a second COM2: port by using a second ACE chip, a line driver chip
> and a line reciever chip, and a pigtail cable. I sent the board back.

I had a similar knockoff board in my 6300 for a while.  It had the same
problem with the port that could only be set (via dip switches)for COM1
or COM3.  However, since all the decoding logic for COM2 was on the board,
I only had to solder in one jumper to make it work.  A little inconvenient,
but I imagine it was cheaper than buying a board from I*M.

--
Peter Fales		UUCP:	...ihnp4!ihlpe!psfales
			work:	(312) 979-7784