[att.sys.pc6300] Graphics routines for PC 6300

ramesh@whuts.UUCP (RAMESH) (02/04/88)

Could somebody recommend a good graphics subroutine package (PD or commercial)
for the PC 6300.  The requirements are :

a) C callable from C86 or MS C
b) Support full resolution of ATT graphics board
c) Speed.  It is intended to be used in a semi - real-time application.  The
features and generality are not as important as SPEED.

Any help appreciated.  Please e-mail to me.
Thanks,

Ramesh @ ATT Bell LAbs.  Whippany, NJ.

--
N. Ramesh

psc@lznv.ATT.COM (Paul S. R. Chisholm) (02/06/88)

< If you lined all the news readers up end-to-end, they'd be easier to shoot. >

In article <3694@whuts.UUCP>, ramesh@whuts.UUCP (RAMESH) writes:
> Could somebody recommend a good graphics subroutine package (PD or commercial)
> for the PC 6300.  The requirements are :
>
> a) C callable from C86 or MS C
> b) Support full resolution of ATT graphics board
> c) Speed.  It is intended to be used in a semi - real-time application.  The
> features and generality are not as important as SPEED.

Well, if you're not wedded to the Computer Innovations or Microsoft
compilers, check out version 1.5 of Borland's Turbo C.  They have a
very nice graphics library that supports lots of graphics modes,
including AT&T 640x400.  (But not the DEB; sorry.)  I haven't stood
around with a stopwatch, but the demo programs I've run seemed
reasonably quick.

(The graphics routines in MSC 5.0 and Quick C 1.0 support only IBM

-Paul S. R. Chisholm, {ihnp4,cbosgd,allegra,rutgers}!mtune!lznv!psc
AT&T Mail !psrchisholm, Internet psc@lznv.att.com
I'm not speaking for my employer, I'm just speaking my mind.