[att.sys.pc6300] Connecting Teac 360K drive to 6300

aps@io.ATT.COM (59463[wrb]-a.shajenko) (06/17/88)

My dad's PC6300 has had its floppy drive die and he would like to
replace the rather exotic Olivetti with a common Teac 360K drive.
He's fiddled with the jumpers on the drive to no avail.  He needs
a floppy drive to backup some crucial data on the hard disk.

If anyone has done this kind of a swap, he would be most grateful
for the info.  AT&T repair people aren't willing to give him info
for free.

Thanx,

Andy Shajenko
ihnp4!io!aps
ihnp4!bentley!andy2

netnews@akgua.ATT.COM (R. Brad Kummer) (06/22/88)

In article <704@io.ATT.COM>, aps@io.ATT.COM (59463[wrb]-a.shajenko) writes:

> My dad's PC6300 has had its floppy drive die and he would like to
> replace the rather exotic Olivetti with a common Teac 360K drive.
> He's fiddled with the jumpers on the drive to no avail.  He needs
> a floppy drive to backup some crucial data on the hard disk.

The edge-card connector on the TEAC drives is "upside down" (relative to
the Olivetti drives, anyway).  If you connect the cable with the
"THIS SIDE UP" label facing DOWN, it should work fine.  The only jumper
required is "D1".

	Hope this helps,
	R. Brad Kummer  akguc!rbk
	AT&T Bell Laboratories - Atlanta