[att.sys.pc6300] UNIX for AT&T PC 6310/6312

mlm@homxc.UUCP (M.MILLIMAN) (08/31/88)

Does anyone out there know who makes a version of UNIX Sys. V that runs on a
80286 machine?  I must be able to run DOS processes from it.  The machine
would be mostly a single user machine, but I would like to run processes in
the background (cron, uucp, lpsched, etc.).

Mark L. Milliman	      UUCP:  att!homxc!mlm
AT&T Bell Laboratories        Internet:  mlm%homxc.uucp@att.com
Room 1B-407
Holmdel, New Jersey   07733
(201)949-0796

mcripps@mtuxo.att.com (XMP12-M.CRIPPS) (09/02/88)

In article <3265@homxc.UUCP>, mlm@homxc.UUCP (M.MILLIMAN) writes:
> Does anyone out there know who makes a version of UNIX Sys. V that runs on a
> 80286 machine?  I must be able to run DOS processes from it.  The machine
> would be mostly a single user machine, but I would like to run processes in
> the background (cron, uucp, lpsched, etc.).

Microport makes one that is fairly well recieved.  I think the AT&T
one will be out reasonably soon, but don't quote me.  There is always
XENIX as well, if it doesn't *have* to be System V.

I can get more info on the Microport UNIX if you want.  E-MAIL or call.

Mike Cripps
mtuxo!mcripps
201-576-2428