[rec.video] Need VT241 Color Monitor Specs

misha@nsc.nsc.com (Michael Umansky) (04/30/87)

Hello.
We have several DEC VT241 Color Terminals.  I want to use the color monitor
that comes with the terminal in a separate application.  I need technical
information on the monitor itself, primarily:

1)	Vertical Scan Frequency		(MHz)
2)	Vertical Retrace Period		(milli/micro Sec)
3)	Horizontal Scan Frequency	(MHz)
4)	Horizontal Retrace Period	(milli/micro Sec)
5)	Is the monitor interlaced?	(# frames)
6)	Is the monitor TTL or ANALOG RGB?
7)	Any other info needed to set up an MC6845 CRTC to work with it.

DEC's name for the monitor itself is VR241 and they want $165.00 for the
technical documentation for it.  If anyone can tell me the above specs
it would save me lots of money and will be very helpful.
Thanks in advance.
--
		NAME:   Michael Umansky (misha)
		E-MAIL:
			 	sun! ----\
				hplabs! --\
				pyramid! --+----> nsc!misha
				decwrl! --/
				amdahl! -/
		WORK:
			National Semiconductor Corporation
			1135 Kern Avenue
			Sunnyvale, CA  94086
			(408) 721-8109 (work)
		HOME:
			4331 Lincoln Way
			San Francisco, CA  94122
			(415) 564-3921 (home)

In article <4257@nsc.nsc.com> misha@nsc.nsc.com (Michael Umansky) writes:
>Hello.
>We have several DEC VT241 Color Terminals.  I want to use the color monitor
>that comes with the terminal in a separate application.  I need technical
>information on the monitor itself, primarily:

	These monitors seem to be high-quality NTSC compatible color monitors.
They will work at the normal NTSC scan rates, and I suspect that they may
have some "multi-sync" capability for the 132 column mode, but I'm not sure.

	It is an analog RGB monitor with composite sync and will work
directly with an Amiga.  It also has a Japanese manufacturer's label on
it which might relate back to a specific generic monitor family.