[rec.video] A video monitor quest

alexh@rtech.UUCP (Alex Hwang) (04/28/88)

	Are there viedo montors (I prefer 19 inch or larger) that can be a
remote controlled TV monitor and all the popular IBM PC vidoe, e.g. Hercules,
EGA, VGA, PGA? What kind of controller card(s), adaptors, cables, connectors
would I need? (Multiple cell screen that can handle different videos at same
time are even better.)

	Thanks in advance. I will summarize resposnes.

alex hwang

UUCP:   ...!sun!rtech!alexh

sft@ihlpa.ATT.COM (Scott Thompson) (04/30/88)

In article <2022@rtech.UUCP>, alexh@rtech.UUCP (Alex Hwang) writes:

> 	Are there viedo montors (I prefer 19 inch or larger) that can be a
> remote controlled TV monitor and all the popular IBM PC vidoe, e.g. Hercules,
> EGA, VGA, PGA? What kind of controller card(s), adaptors, cables, connectors

	I too am interested in this, but I am looking for analog RGB.
Does anyone know what monitors are available?  Many manufacturers seem
to be moving to the 'S' connector.  The few I have seen, Mitshubishi for
one, have been digital RGB only.  Any suggestions are appreciated.
  Scott Thompson (IHP 2A-428), AT&T Bell Labs, Naperville, Il. 60566

       VOICE: (312)-416-4236     UUCP: ...!ihnp4!ihlpa!sft

phil@amdcad.AMD.COM (Phil Ngai) (05/02/88)

In article <7807@ihlpa.ATT.COM> sft@ihlpa.ATT.COM (Scott Thompson) writes:
>In article <2022@rtech.UUCP>, alexh@rtech.UUCP (Alex Hwang) writes:
>> 	Are there viedo montors (I prefer 19 inch or larger) that can be a
>> remote controlled TV monitor and all the popular IBM PC vidoe, e.g. Hercules,
>> EGA, VGA, PGA? What kind of controller card(s), adaptors, cables, connectors
>	I too am interested in this, but I am looking for analog RGB.
>Does anyone know what monitors are available?  Many manufacturers seem
>to be moving to the 'S' connector.  The few I have seen, Mitshubishi for
>one, have been digital RGB only.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

The Sony XBR Pro System's PVM2530 monitor is a 25 inch monitor with
remote control capabilities. It has a 25 pin RGB (don't know if that's
analog or digital) connector which gives 10 MHz of bandwidth, 560
lines of horizontal resolution. It also has an S connector and regular
video input.

The price is about $10 per pound.

By the way, how important is remote control in a monitor? Wouldn't
you want it in the tuner?
--
Make Japan the 51st state!

I speak for myself, not the company.
Phil Ngai, {ucbvax,decwrl,allegra}!amdcad!phil or phil@amd.com

NETOPRHM@NCSUVM.BITNET (Hal Meeks) (05/03/88)

Sony also makes the KV2011CR, which will accept Analog/Digital RGB. I have
a KV1311CR,  which is 13 inches versus 20. Both come with remotes, and
hook ups for composite video in/out and audio in/out. Nice.
--hal