[rec.video] Status of the Dr.Who Fan Club of America?

davek@infmx.UUCP (David Kosenko) (11/10/88)

In article (Chad Fogg) writes:
> It's been more than a year since I have had the pleasure of reading
> a new issue of the Doctor Who Fan Club Of America newsletter. I paid
> them three times over just to be sure I would get the goods.
> [ stuff deleted ]

	I believe the last issue had a letter from the editor
stating that they were going to a bi-yearly format.  It had something
to do with the cost in time and $$ for putting out a quarterly being
too high; they decided on "quality" over "quantity", as it were.  I
think you may have missed at least one since I did receive at least
one this year - it had a picture of Sylvester McCoy on the cover.  I
think that was over the summer.

I'm off,
Dave

--
Disclaimer:  The opinions expressed herein |"But a man's reach should exceed
are by no means those of Informix Software | his grasp or what's a heaven for ?"

ut6y@vax5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU (11/12/88)

The last word I had heard, and this was some months back in, I believe, the
British WHO publication "Dr. Who Monthly" that The DWFCA had LOST IT'S
LICENCING! from the BBC and was therefore no longer allowed to use anything
resembling the Dr. Who name, graphics, and etc.

I know that Lionheart will soon be starting up its own American fan club,
and I get the impressin that this will be the DWFCA's replacement.

Unc