[rec.video] Looking for IR remote power switch

bryan@cs.utexas.edu (Bryan Bayerdorffer @ Wit's End) (02/03/89)

	Has anyone come across an IR-remote power switch, specifically one that
is rated for switching at least 170W?  There seems to be an abundance of RF,
power line, and sound-controlled switches, but none with an IR remote.  This
needn't be anything sophisticated; a single switched socket is all I need.

	Please mail your reply, and I will summarize the collective wisdom for
the benefit of all.

AdvManyThanksance
/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/
|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|
_No dark sarcasm in the classroom|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|___
|____Teachers leave the kids alone__|_____|_____|_____|_bryan@cs.utexas.edu___|
___|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|{vertebrae...}!cs.utexas.edu!bryan_|___
|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|

tso@rocky2.rockefeller.edu (Daniels Tso (Wiesel)) (02/07/89)

In article <152@mothra.cs.utexas.edu> bryan@cs.utexas.edu writes:
>	Has anyone come across an IR-remote power switch, specifically one that
>is rated for switching at least 170W?  There seems to be an abundance of RF,
>power line, and sound-controlled switches, but none with an IR remote.  This
>needn't be anything sophisticated; a single switched socket is all I need.

	The AR SRC (Stereo Remote Control) is an IR remote unit with power-ON
capable of switching 5A (~500-600 watts). It also has volume control, balance,
(limited) input switching and 30min sleep timer. It is listed in the
Crutchfield catalog for $99.

fish@ihlpa.ATT.COM (Bob Fishell) (02/07/89)

In article <152@mothra.cs.utexas.edu>, bryan@cs.utexas.edu (Bryan Bayerdorffer @ Wit's End) writes:

> 	Has anyone come across an IR-remote power switch, specifically one that
> is rated for switching at least 170W?

Yeah, DAK (You get a DAK catalog, don't you?  Anybody in America *not*
get one?) sells one with five or six switched outlets (but not
individually switchable via remote) and an IR on/off control.  They
throw in power filtering and a clock/timer to boot, all for about $80.
--
 __
/  \				Bob Fishell