[rec.video] Macrovision Eliminators

hyc@hanauma.jpl.nasa.gov (Howard Chu) (03/23/91)

In article <9103201915.AA03146@george> gpinzone@george.poly.edu writes:
>One other to add to the list is the one made by BP. You can get it at Fordham
>Electronics:
>
>Fordham Electronics
>260 Motor Parkway
>Hauppauge, NY 11788-5134
>516-435-8080 FAX: 516-435-8079
>Out of state: 800-645-9518
>NYS state: 800-832-1446
>
>Model V-1896
>$49.95
>
>This also is an audio and video enhancer. It also stops picture rolling
>(remember the good 'ol days?)

Stops picture rolling? Can it stop the rolling caused by trying to view
a 50hz video signal on a 60hz TV?
--
  -- Howard Chu @ Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA
	Disclaimer: How would I know, I just got here!

brown@vidiot.UUCP (Vidiot) (03/24/91)

In article <1991Mar23.022954.2080@jato.jpl.nasa.gov> hyc@hanauma.jpl.nasa.gov (Howard Chu) writes:
<
<Stops picture rolling? Can it stop the rolling caused by trying to view
<a 50hz video signal on a 60hz TV?

Nope.  You need a different TV that uses the old fashioned vertical hold
control, instead of digital vertical coutdown.
--
      harvard\     att!nicmad\          spool.cs.wisc.edu!astroatc!vidiot!brown
Vidiot  ucbvax!uwvax..........!astroatc!vidiot!brown