[tor.news] Computer [k won't j this] Applications Seminar at York University

dave@lsuc.UUCP (David Sherman) (12/07/86)

Hmm. The group isn't 4 days old and already has an innocent
misposting by someone who doesn't realize what it was created
for. (That may be something of a record.) I wonder if we should
change it to tor.newsadmin? Any other suggestions? Or just
leave it and let the harmless mispostings happen?

Dave Sherman
--
{ ihnp4!utzoo  seismo!mnetor  utai  hcr  decvax!utcsri  } !lsuc!dave

dan@maccs.UUCP (12/07/86)

In article <1429@lsuc.UUCP> dave@lsuc.UUCP (David Sherman) writes:
>Hmm. The group isn't 4 days old and already has an innocent
>misposting by someone who doesn't realize what it was created
>for. (That may be something of a record.) I wonder if we should
>change it to tor.newsadmin? Any other suggestions? Or just
>leave it and let the harmless mispostings happen?
>
>Dave Sherman
>--
>{ ihnp4!utzoo  seismo!mnetor  utai  hcr  decvax!utcsri  } !lsuc!dave

I can't speak for anyone else, but the occasional *harmless* mispostings
do not bother me.

If, however, we find the name 'tor.news' being misinterpreted then I would
like to suggest the name 'tor.admin'.

A name that is sure to discourage mispostings and would better represent
us *hicks* in Hamilton would be: southeastern_Ontario.newsadministration (-:

--
Dan Trottier                       | Confusius say:
DCSS, McMaster University          | When waking sleeping tiger, use long stick