[tor.news] Where have all the newgroups gone...

clewis@spectrix.UUCP (Chris Lewis) (12/10/86)

I'm not sure what's happening, but the latest round of "newgroups" sent
out (rec.*) didn't get here.  Also, I notice that people are dropping
"news.lists" into the bucket too (evidently a recent addition, it
wasn't in the last checkgroups message I saw).  Anybody know where they're
being dropped?

Ron?  Did they get to mnetor?  If so, it probably has to be mnetor's fault
for not forwarding (I can't imagine seismo screwing this up :-)).
--
Chris Lewis, Spectrix Microsystems Inc,
UUCP: {utzoo|utcs|yetti|genat|seismo}!mnetor!spectrix!clewis

dave@lsuc.UUCP (12/11/86)

We received all the newgroup here some time back. news.lists
was indeed a recent one that flew by a week or so ago.
Our feed is from mnetor!seismo, so spectrix's problem must
be further down the line.

David Sherman
The Law Society of Upper Canada
--
{ ihnp4!utzoo  seismo!mnetor  utai  watmath  decvax!utcsri  } !lsuc!dave

dan@maccs.UUCP (12/11/86)

In article <264@spectrix.UUCP> clewis@spectrix.UUCP (Chris Lewis) writes:
>I'm not sure what's happening, but the latest round of "newgroups" sent
>out (rec.*) didn't get here.  Also, I notice that people are dropping
>"news.lists" into the bucket too (evidently a recent addition, it
>wasn't in the last checkgroups message I saw).  Anybody know where they're
>being dropped?

We have the opposite problem here at maccs. We received a whole bunch of
rec.* messages last night and they were junked. It seems we haven't
received any control messages for the creation of these groups. I'm going
to create these groups by hand but I would appreciate someone sending a me
list of all valid rec groups.

>Ron?  Did they get to mnetor?  If so, it probably has to be mnetor's fault
>for not forwarding (I can't imagine seismo screwing this up :-)).

We get our news through seismo!mnetor!genat so I think that these sites are
ok.

--
Dan Trottier  (maccs!dan)
DCSS, McMaster University

emc@unicus.UUCP (Eric M. Carroll) (12/12/86)

dave@lsuc.UUCP (David Sherman) writes:
> We received all the newgroup here some time back. news.lists
> was indeed a recent one that flew by a week or so ago.
> Our feed is from mnetor!seismo, so spectrix's problem must
> be further down the line.

Curious. Unicus has also not seen the newgroups for rec.* and news.lists.
We are one hop from mnetor, via yetti, as is spectrix. Did yetti see
them? Ozan? Did anyone not downstream from yetti also lose them?
Possibly a tor distribution of newgroups would be worthwhile.

--
	Eric Carroll
	Unicus Corporation,

clewis@spectrix.UUCP (Chris Lewis) (12/12/86)

In article <1442@lsuc.UUCP> dave@lsuc.UUCP (David Sherman) writes:
>We received all the newgroup here some time back. news.lists
>was indeed a recent one that flew by a week or so ago.
>Our feed is from mnetor!seismo, so spectrix's problem must
>be further down the line.

So's our feed...  Must be either us or mnetor's sys file.