[tor.news] 'ATTCAN 2 - The Movie'

news@attcan.UUCP (USENET Administrator) (05/08/89)

In article <1989May7.041643.29194@utzoo.uucp>, henry@utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
> In article <1989May6.220422.126@telly.on.ca> evan@telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) writes:
> >It's been more than 24 hours since last was heard from attcan. It hasn't
> >called here, and doesn't answer the phone when we call.
> >
> >Is it just telly, or have others had the same problem?
> > We're seeing the same thing.  Looks like they're down.

Yes, attcan was down for a quick upgrade (details to follow) that
was complicated by an air conditioning problem in our Computer Room.
However, as of the wee hours of this morning (ie Sunday), attcan
was back to normal and/or better than before :-)

No mail or news should have been lost as a result of this downtime,
but just slightly delayed.

We do however, have a new phone number for our slow (ie 2400 baud)
modems, though the high-speed numbers haven't changed.  I will be sending out
an e-mail to the system administrators of all our USENET neighbours listing our
current numbers, and had already confirmed the change with our few low speed
neighbours.

Downstream sites should expect quite a number of Megabytes today and
tomorrow as the flow of news gets back to normal.

Please call me if you have any questions or notice any glitches.  Thanks.

Regards,
	Bob
--
Bob Kyryliuk				PHONE:	(416) 756-5183