    From: NIGHTDIVER@genie.com (Mel)
    Newsgroups: rec.humor.funny
    Subject: The Great Gonzo
    Date: 18 Oct 89 23:30:08 GMT
    Sender: funny@looking.on.ca

    honeymoon. Walking down 42nd Street they saw a sign advertising "The Great
    Gonzo" outside a theater and decided to give the show a try.

[etc.]

The first bit of the file seems to be missing as is characteristic of
the line-eater. Could the admins at the sites in the above Path
check to see whether this article arrived at their site complete.
I can't believe that Brad would post half a joke :-)
--
	Tim Pointing, DCIEM
	{decvax,attcan,watmath,...}!utzoo!dciem!tim

In article <2596@dciem.dciem.dnd.ca> tim@dretor (Tim Pointing) writes:
>The line-eater seems to be alive and living in Ontario (more specificly,
>in Toronto and/or Waterloo.) We recently received the following...

I think the problem is most likely to be at "looking" itself.  The joke is
mangled at utzoo, so it's not dciem that did it.  Utzoo and utgpu both
run C News, which has never had the line-eater bug, and I'm fairly sure
watmath does too.
--
A bit of tolerance is worth a  |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
megabyte of flaming.           | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu

jmsellens@watdragon.waterloo.edu (John M. Sellens) (10/20/89)

In article <2596@dciem.dciem.dnd.ca> tim@dretor (Tim Pointing) writes:
>The line-eater seems to be alive and living in Ontario (more specificly,
>in Toronto and/or Waterloo.) We recently received the following
>
>    Newsgroups: rec.humor.funny
>    Subject: The Great Gonzo

It's that way on watmath. RJ? Brad?

rjwhite@watmath.waterloo.edu (RJ White) (10/25/89)

In article <17406@watdragon.waterloo.edu> jmsellens@watdragon.waterloo.edu (John M. Sellens) writes:
	In article <2596@dciem.dciem.dnd.ca> tim@dretor (Tim Pointing) writes:
	>The line-eater seems to be alive and living in Ontario (more specificly,
	>in Toronto and/or Waterloo.) We recently received the following

	It's that way on watmath. RJ? Brad?

The one on watmath came directly from looking.
I really doubt its the line-eater bug.  Ive been taking care of news at UW
for years and never had it occur before.
Its more likely that watmath burped when its filesystem filled up which
has happened a few times recently.
	-rj