[tor.news] sci.aquaria

evan@telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) (11/19/89)

This is just a statement, not a desire for protracted complaining.

Telly will not be carrying sci.aquaria, but will be using the standard
Cnews mechanism (thanks, Geoff!) for aliasing these incoming groups to
alt.aquaria. Aquarium enthisiasts here will not miss out on anything.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

BTW When I first announced my intentions, I received a good bit of mail
from other sites doing likewise.
--
  Evan Leibovitch, Telly Computing, located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario
                evan@telly.on.ca / uunet!attcan!telly!evan

bdb@becker.UUCP (Bruce Becker) (11/19/89)

In article <1989Nov18.174612.2219@telly.on.ca> evan@telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) writes:

|Telly will not be carrying sci.aquaria, but will be using the standard
|Cnews mechanism (thanks, Geoff!) for aliasing these incoming groups to
|alt.aquaria. Aquarium enthisiasts here will not miss out on anything.

	Becker will not be carrying alt.aquaria, but will be using the
	standard B News mechanism for aliasing these incoming articles to
	sci.aquaria. Aquarium enthusiasts here will not miss out on anything.

Cheers,
--
  .::.	 Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ont.
w \@@/	 Internet: bdb@becker.UUCP, bruce@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu

evan@telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) (11/20/89)

In article <1132@becker.UUCP> bdb@becker.UUCP (Bruce Becker) writes:
>[responding to an article in which I wrote:]

>|Telly will not be carrying sci.aquaria, but will be using the standard
>|Cnews mechanism (thanks, Geoff!) for aliasing these incoming groups to
>|alt.aquaria. Aquarium enthisiasts here will not miss out on anything.

>	Becker will not be carrying alt.aquaria, but will be using the
>	standard B News mechanism for aliasing these incoming articles to
>	sci.aquaria. Aquarium enthusiasts here will not miss out on anything.

It's a candy mint!
It's a breath mint!
You're both right!

The question is fast becoming moot. Everything I've seen in the past few
days posted to sci.aquaria has been cross-posted into alt. Even Richard
Sexton's postings.

Sigh.
--

cks@white.toronto.edu (Chris Siebenmann) (11/24/89)

bdb@becker.UUCP (Bruce Becker) writes:
| In article <1989Nov18.174612.2219@telly.on.ca> evan@telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) writes:
| | [telly will map sci.aquaria->alt.aquaria]
| [becker will map alt.aquaria->sci.aquaria]

 ziebmef will use the standard Cnews alpha mechanisms to be confused :-).

--
	"I shall clasp my hands together and bow to the corners of the world."
			Number Ten Ox, "Bridge of Birds"