[tor.news] "vmsnet" distribution

news@becker.UUCP (UseNet News) (11/28/89)

Is the "vmsnet" news distribution available
in Toronto? I'd like to make it available at
"becker" and "humvax" if it is...

Thanks for any info,
--
Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ont.
Internet: news@becker.UUCP	UUCP: ...!uunet!mnetor!becker!news

lamy@cs.toronto.edu (Jean-Francois Lamy) (11/29/89)

news@becker.UUCP (UseNet News) writes:

>Is the "vmsnet" news distribution available
>in Toronto? I'd like to make it available at
>"becker" and "humvax" if it is...

We don't block it, cs.utexas.edu feeds it to us, and we pass along everything
we get, except that there is apparently little traffic in it (i.e. we don't
have the vmsnet* hierarchy on this machine, but there are no vmsnet articles
in our junk newsgroup (but there sure is a lot of that ccm stuff)).  A quick
check (doing an NNTP newnews vmsnet.* 890101 000000 GMT on cs.utexas.edu shows
that about 20 articles are present there, none posted since vmsnet started
coming this way 3 or 4 days ago).

Jean-Francois Lamy               lamy@ai.utoronto.ca, uunet!ai.utoronto.ca!lamy
AI Group, Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto, Canada M5S 1A4