[tor.news] VMSnet is here

evan@telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) (12/03/89)

Well, I finally found a site willing to feed the VMSnet groups. So far
the only groups I know of are:

vmsnet.admin
vmsnet.announce
vmsnet.announce.newusers
vmsnet.misc
vmsnet.test

but I will get a complete list soon. I am also told that the creator of
the new hierarchy, Terry Poot, will soon be sending a vmsnet checkgroups
message.  So far I've been "addgroup"ing this stuff based on what shows up
in my junk directory.

Traffic so far has been light, mainly sites introducing themselves.
By design, nothing will be moderated.

I'd rather not start new feeds, but anyone who already has a news link to
telly is welcome to get VMSnet on request. I'm hoping enough will ask
to make it easily available to sites which don't connect here directly.

--
  Evan Leibovitch, Telly Computing, located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario
          evan@telly.on.ca / uunet!attcan!telly!evan / (416)452-0504

lamy@ai.utoronto.ca (Jean-Francois Lamy) (12/03/89)

evan@telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) writes:

>but I will get a complete list soon. I am also told that the creator of
>the new hierarchy, Terry Poot, will soon be sending a vmsnet checkgroups
>message.  So far I've been "addgroup"ing this stuff based on what shows up
>in my junk directory.

The checkgroups has come out, and contained:

vmsnet.admin		Discussions about the administration of VMSnet itself.
vmsnet.announce		General announcements of interest to all.
vmsnet.announce.newusers	Orientation info for new users.
vmsnet.mail		Discussions of electronic mail on VMS systems.
vmsnet.mail.pmdf	Gateway to info-pmdf mailling list. (Not yet running.)
vmsnet.misc		General VMS topics not covered elsewhere.
vmsnet.sources		Source code postings.
vmsnet.sources.d	Any discussion of source code postings or request for software.
vmsnet.sources.games	Recreational software postings.
vmsnet.test		Postings of test messages.

Can someone issue a checkgroups for ccm?

Jean-Francois Lamy               lamy@ai.utoronto.ca, uunet!ai.utoronto.ca!lamy
AI Group, Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto, Canada M5S 1A4